OPPORTUNITY: We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Lawrenceburg, TN team. This job posting is for an Electrician Lead with an entry level pay range of $30.90 to $33.57/hour depending on skills and experience. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoes, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems. Makes sure electrical systems are safe and running efficiently. Ability to make PLC programming modifications. Directs the activity of skilled Craft Workers in absence of Maintenance Supervisor.
- Works in a safe manner and assures coworkers work in a safe manner. Reports safety hazards immediately to appropriate individual. Continues to expand safety awareness by participating in annual safety training programs.
- Troubleshoots complex specialized problems to determine the causes of equipment failure. Makes necessary permanent or temporary repairs to bring equipment back on line. Analyzes failure and takes steps to prevent reoccurrence.
- Works with Engineering and Technical support groups to expedite checkout, rework, and/or modifications to new equipment or processes. Gives feedback to Engineering on problems to be avoided in the future.
- Ability to make PLC programming modifications.
- Initiates Purchase Orders for repair parts or spare parts as needed, as well as initiating orders for parts to upgrade existing equipment.
- Maintains adequate records of work performed on equipment and corrective action taken.
- Completes and submits proper forms for the tracking of items sent out for repair, items to be added to the stores system, and other forms as required to facilitate equipment maintenance.
- Conducts on-the-job electrical training for other Maintenance Department employees. Preparation work may involve attending seminars or training courses off company premises.
- Displays good work habits that will set good examples for coworkers. Continually monitors and maintains work areas to keep them clean and well organized.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Employee must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of SQF/5S and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strives to clearly understand customer requirements and delivers results to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting food safety requirements.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting customer quality requirements.
- High School Diploma/equivalent required. In addition, four (4) years certified apprenticeship or the equivalent in military training, technical school, or college in the Industrial Electrician field.
- Must have 4 years at the journeyman level in the particular specialized field. Must be thoroughly familiar with specialized complex areas (mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, etc.) Must be able to operate particular specialized equipment (ammeters, Ohmmeters, Lathe, Drill Press, Varian leak Detectors, etc.).
- Must have good oral, written, and human relation skills.
- Position requires overtime, weekend, and holiday work, and subject to call-ins.
- Color Vision: Industrial Electricians work with colored wiring and must be able to identify them by sight.
- Troubleshooting: Industrial electricians must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions.
- Critical Thinking: When diagnosing problems, industrial electricians must think critically in their process of repairing the issue.
- Mechanical Skills: Industrial electricians read blueprints and schematics and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts.
- May require overtime, weekend and holiday work.
- Subject to call-ins at any time of day or night.
- Working environment may be noisy, odorous, hot, cold, or otherwise uncomfortable. Some jobs involve hazardous materials, gas pressures, or high voltage and may require heavy lifting.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoes, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.